New Scale Robotics gains Universal Robots certification for precision parallel gripper
– Victor, NY – Sept. 13, 2018 – New Scale Robotics, a division of New Scale Technologies, has received Universal Robots (UR) certification for its NSR-PG-10-20-UR Precision Parallel Gripper. Universal Robots certification confirms that the smart gripper is fully compatible with UR collaborative robots and meets all published specifications.
“We are delighted to receive endorsement from Universal Robots for the NSR-PG, created specifically to install and operate on UR robots in under 30 minutes,” stated David Henderson, CEO of New Scale Technologies. “The gripper’s small size, high precision and seamless integration ensure maximum ROI for our customers.”
The NSR-PG smart gripper is specifically intended for small robots and small parts. It is ideal for use with UR3, UR5 and UR10 collaborative robots for intricate part handling, measurement, sorting and assembly.
Features of the NSR-PG-10-20-UR Precision Parallel Gripper
- At 175 grams, it the lightest and smallest electric parallel gripper available for UR robots.
- It installs with one connection to the tool I/O port; no external cables needed.
- Finger positions are teachable: Manually move fingers to the desired positions and set them using the UR teach pendant.
- Factory-installed fingers are easily removed, exchanged and modified to suit a variety of part shapes.
- The gripper can be quickly taught and re-taught using the URCaps application included with the gripper, and UR Polyscope scripts that control the robot.
The NSR-PG-10-20-UR gripper finger stroke is 20 mm for high flexibility in agile manufacturing environments. The gripper can measure part size with 30 micrometer precision. The maximum recommended part mass is 100 grams.
For more features and specifications download the NSR-PG-10-20 Parallel Gripper data sheet or visit Universal Robots+ online showroom at https://www.universal-robots.com/plus/end-effectors/smallest-precision-plug-produce-electric-gripper/
Price and availability
The NSR-PG-10-20 is available through all Universal Robot sales offices and distributors. It is also available directly from New Scale Robotics at an introductory price of $3,600. Call +1 (585) 924-4450 or email NSTsales@newscaletech.com.
About New Scale Robotics
New Scale Robotics (www.newscalerobotics.com) designs and manufactures precision smart grippers and end-of-arm tooling for the smallest collaborative robots. We have more than 15 years of experience and numerous patents in micro motor and motion control system development. New Scale products feature unmatched miniaturization, micrometer-scale resolution, and fully-integrated microelectronics with intelligent firmware. Our customers benefit from high performance, superior ease of use, and fast system integration. New Scale Robotics is a division of New Scale Technologies, Inc. near Rochester, NY.