We bring automation to quality teams. Can you help?
Sound fun? Join us.
Electrical Engineer | Victor, NY
We seek an Electrical Engineer (EE) to join our world-class mechatronics design team and create tiny, embedded motion systems that make our customers more competitive. We invent and manufacture rotary and linear smart stages that solve critical challenges in medical, industrial, aerospace, defense, research, and consumer markets. Our customers benefit from dramatically simplified integration, enhanced performance, and accelerated deployment, especially for OEM products, robotic automation, IoT and I4.0 applications. Our products are used by organizations that make medical instruments, smart phone cameras, extended reality devices, neural recording measurements, and automated metrology tools.
You will be part of a multi-discipline engineering team with opportunities to grow your career and expand your mechatronic motion expertise and product, project, and process development capabilities.
As an Electrical Engineer (EE) you will be responsible for analog and digital circuit design, initial fabrication of printed circuit boards (PCB), prototyping, integration, and testing in complex mechatronic motion systems. Mechatronic systems not only require each PCB to provide all electronic functions but also be highly miniaturized and integrated mechanical components that meet all interconnection, power, EMI, thermal, and reliability requirements.
You will work in close collaboration with mechanical, software and operations staff. This position must have experience creating system schematics, using Altium Designer to create micro circuit board assemblies, and presenting results that meet performance, quality, cost, and schedule requirements. .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Use Altium Designer to complete a wide range of electrical engineering (EE) tasks.
- Simulate and analyze performance of electrical circuits.
- Design rigid printed circuit boards (PCB) and flexible printed circuits (FPC).
- Provide engineering assessments of existing and proposed projects based on customer and internal discussions.
- Create products that meet performance, design standards, quality, cost and schedule requirements including:
- Electrical system specifications and technical drawings.
- System schematics and block diagrams.
- PCB and FPC layouts, Gerber files, bills-of-materials, and part specification that are sufficient for purchasing bare boards and board assemblies.
- Work closely with mechanical and software engineers to create a fully integrated mechatronic product designs.
- Build and test prototype circuits and integrated assemblies.
- Prepare reports that compile analysis results, design details, and test data.
- Present reports and discuss design intent, test results, conclusions and recommendations with customers and internal teams.
- Prepare estimates for material and labor needed to complete projects.
- Work productively with all parts of the company in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and completes tasks on schedule.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering and circuit board design.
- Expert in Altium Designer software.
- Experience with using ultra-small (fine-pitch) components, such as QFN, BGA and micro interconnects.
- Familiar with tight tolerance assemblies and inspection methods.
- Desired experience with soldering fine-pitch components (under a microscope)
- Desired experience with SolidWorks.
- Desired experience with magnetic simulation including permanent magnets and electromagnets.
- Desired experience with position sensor/encoder selection in mechatronic systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of quality control methods for electronic manufacturing.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and quality.
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong contributor on high-performance multi-discipline teams.
- Productive and efficient use of all computer tools and software needed to create and release product designs.
- Work safely.
Sales & Shipping Coordinator | Victor, NY
We are seeking an experienced office support person for sales administration and shipping in a small and growing high-tech manufacturer in Victor, NY. As Salesforce administrator, you will support the sales team in prospecting, lead follow-up, campaigns, forecasting, quoting, data entry, and customer care. You will use Syteline ERP to enter customer orders and maintain backlog accuracy. You will work with production managers to schedule on-time customer shipments, and use UPS and FedEx software to manage shipments both domestic and international.
This position requires excellent skills in organization, logistics planning, written and verbal communication, and attention to detail. You will be part of a team of dedicated professionals, working together to grow the business and acquire and support customers around the world in markets such as medical instrument development, robotic manufacturing, and neuroscience research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Sales Orders & Contract Management: Follow established processes to use Syteline (ERP) and Salesforce (CRM) to:
- Receive and process new orders and send order acknowledgements after approval of designated managers. This includes the Controller review and approval of payment terms, and the Materials and Production Manager’s review and approval of ship dates.
- Creating new project numbers and folders for non-standard orders.
- Track and change orders, including ship dates or other information, as needed, to maintain an accurate production backlog.
- Attend regular production planning meetings.
- Manage database of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and export compliance forms.
- Maintain and organize an accessible filing system for sales order and shipment data.
- Update Salesforce (our CRM) with order information and file customer contracts.
Outbound Shipping Coordination
- Coordinate with the Materials and Production Managers to ensure on-time delivery of product.
- Audit customer shipments, labels, paperwork, and manage serial number database.
- Track, trace, and update the status of outgoing shipments.
- Collaborate and communicate with logistics technicians, customer service reps, service providers, and others involved in the shipment of products, for both international and domestic shipments.
- Follow up with customers for end user statements and follow export compliance requirements.
CRM (Salesforce) Management
- Serve as company System Administrator for Salesforce CRM and ensure best-practice implementation and utilization by all staff. This includes:
- Staying current on Salesforce CRM upgrades and proposing new opportunities to increase productivity.
- Managing user profiles and provide training and support for New Scale’s users
- Develop and maintain reports that:
- Provide visibility through the sales cycle.
- Track lead sources, campaign influences, catalyst sales events, and other factors that lead to closing orders.
- Assess the effectiveness of specific marketing activities.
- Manage customer data, registrations and submissions and log data in Salesforce.
- Audit general sales pipeline activity and proactively follow-up with qualified prospects.
- Enter and manage customer data and accounts within CRM as needed and especially data from outside partners, consultants, distributors, and representatives.
- Initiate regular review and clean-up the CRM database.
Other duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly required to sit, stand and move about the facility. Lift packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
Must work in the company’s facility in Victor, NY. Remote work not available.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associates degree in Business Administration or similar field preferred.
- Previous experience in sales administration or a shipping role preferred; entry level considered.
- Experience with an ERP tool desirable, ideally SyteLine.
- Experience with a CRM tool desirable, ideally Salesforce.
- Proficient skills with MS office tools.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Clear communicator with the ability to work with many different company departments.
- The ability to multitask many small projects and flexibility to adjust priorities.
- A basic understanding of customer service practices
New Scale Robotics is a division of New Scale Technologies