New Scale Robotics
New Scale Robotics designs and manufactures precision smart grippers and end-of-arm tooling for the smallest collaborative robots. Our products are the perfect fit for the smallest cobots, enabling precision part measurement and intricate part handling, with fast and flexible setup.
We have more than 15 years of experience and numerous patents in micro motor and motion control system development. New Scale products feature unmatched miniaturization, micrometer-scale resolution, and fully-integrated microelectronics with intelligent firmware. Our customers benefit from high performance, superior ease of use, and fast system integration.
A Division of New Scale Technologies, Inc.
Since 2002, New Scale Technologies has become known for its precise, reliable, easy-to-use micro motion products. Our innovative “smart motion modules” integrate precision motion with built-in, closed-loop controllers.
New Scale has been awarded numerous patents in the development of micro motors and motion systems. These patents and proprietary know-how enable us to create products with:
- Unmatched miniaturization
- Micrometer-scale resolution
- Fully-integrated microelectronics and intelligent firmware
- Ease of use and system integration
New Scale Technologies is committed to fully understand, meet and exceed our customers’ requirements through continuous improvement processes. Our manufacturing processes follow ISO guidelines and we have passed quality audits by major medical device manufacturers. We manufacture motion modules for the medical, scientific instruments, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer electronics markets in our facility near Rochester, New York.
We are seeking a self-motivated, well-rounded Software Engineer to be a key member of the New Scale Robotics team. Your main focus will be robotics, and you will also support all New Scale Technologies products. If you have the ability to provide strong software engineering, requirements definition, development, and customer support, talk to us today!
- Provide expertise and support to Program Managers and Project Managers in all phases of the software development life cycle (analysis, design, development, testing, defect tracking/resolution, deployment).
- Work closely with our team and customers to learn and understand business needs, primarily in end-of-arm-tooling for robots, and also in other micro motion applications.
- Deliver effective software programs to accomplish the business and product objectives.
- Develop programs to integrate our products with various robotic applications
- Strong understanding of software engineering with demonstrated successful programming ability
- Expertise in testing and debugging complex systems including use of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and bench power supplies
- Familiarity with robot and industrial specifications, automation interfaces, and programming
- Good communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to interface with outside companies and customers, and effective written and verbal technical knowledge transfer
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills
Desired Knowledge Specifications
- Linux Operating System, specifically Ubuntu Linux
- C/C++, C# and Visual Basic to create windows programs and DLLs
- Microchip PIC24 and dsPIC microcontroller programming, Microchip MPLAB-X IDE software
- Eclipse, Apache Maven, Java, Python, XML, HTML
- Other relevant experience