Q-Span™ Automated Small-Part Measurement Systems
Automate digital caliper measurements, data logging and part handling
Pick, measure, and place small parts with one integrated robotic workstation
Measure multiple dimensions in rapid succession
using up to three gripper/calipers on one robot
Sort parts based on measurements
Record measurement data
for statistical analysis and process control
Easily fit the system into existing work spaces and workflows
Increase staff skills and productivity
Reduce risk of repetitive stress injuries
Install quickly, change-over in minutes
to measure different parts
Handle small parts
up to 3.5 ounces (100 grams) and 3.94 inches (100 mm)
Measure with 0.1 inches/1000 (2.5 μm) resolution
< 0.2 inches/1000 (5 μm) repeatability and < 0.6 inches/1000 (15 μm) accuracy
System delivery includes integration with the robot,
demonstration of first part inspection, and staff training
Affordable QC automation for small- and mid-sized companies
Q-Span™ Workstations deliver flexible, affordable automation for QC measurement tasks in high-mix, small-batch manufacturing.
Q-Span Systems can automatically pick small parts, measure multiple features on each, and sort / place the parts based on any measured dimension (for example pass, fail, bin). Automation dramatically improves consistency and repeatability.
Q-Span Systems can also automatically record all measured data to a PC for statistical analysis. Eliminate data entry errors!
- Up to three gripper/calipers, with part-specific fingertips, on one robot
- Modular trays for parts-in and parts-out
- Measurement and zero-reference fixtures
- Workstation with flexible table
- Easy-to-use scripting software to move parts, measure dimensions, make decisions and log data
- Six-axis robot arm from Universal Robots (purchased separately)
- Delivery, installation and training
- Do you have at least one full-time person measuring small parts with digital calipers?
- Do you do high-mix, small-batch manufacturing and wonder if automation is financially viable?
Send us your part info for a FREE assessment
We will review your drawings or parts, and let you know if a Q-Span System can automate your inspection.
Call us at (585) 924-4450 | Email NSTsales@newscaletech.com | OR submit the form below:
Sign up for monthly updates about Q-Span Systems and issues in QC measurement inspection automation.
Download the product information sheet
to save or print.
Q-Span Systems are available from New Scale Robotics and select distributors. Contact us to find a distributor near you.