New Scale Robotics has published a new white paper exploring the evolution of QC measurement techniques, including recent innovations in end-of-arm tooling that allow collaborative robots to perform QC measurements.
Like their counterparts in production, collaborative robots in QC automate dull and repetitive work, keep humans safe from injury, and deliver more consistent performance. They improve measurement repeatability and reproducibility as well.
With these innovations, collaborative robots give manufacturers a new competitive advantage in the race to maintain high quality and reduce costs.
White Paper Contents
- The evolution from fixed industrial robots to collaborative robots
- How collaborative robots are now moving from the production floor to the QC lab
- The evolution of small-part QC measurements
- Manual gages, calipers and micrometers
- Manual data capture
- Smart gages and electronic data capture
- Machine vision and laser-based scanners
- Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs)
- Robotic calipers
- Q-Span Systems – robotic calipers and more
- Automated small-part measurement
- Machine tending for CMMs